On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 3:56 PM, john smallberries
<welch.quietple...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to do a slightly different application startup for paster
> shell than with paster serve. I'd rather not do that by having
> separate config files. Is there a way within make_app or
> load_environment to know how I'm being run, or to plumb a command-line
> argument for use down there?

I don't see any flag that tells this.  The shell is implemented by
``pylons.commands.ShellCommand``.  It could set a config flag there
but as far as I can tell it doesn't.  You have a few choices off the
top of my head:

- Set the '-d' option when running shell, and check if it's present in
sys.argv.  (Shell has a '-d' option but serve doesn't.)

Set an environment variable and look for it in os.environ.  This is
the age-old workaround for programs that don't let you customize the
command-line options.

If you have IPython installed, "paster shell" will use it.  Maybe you
can initialize something in your IPython configuration that you can
see in environment.py.  (Note: the '-d' option disables IPython.)

--
Mike Orr <sluggos...@gmail.com>