On Oct 23, 5:25 pm, Matt Feifarek <matt.feifa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not sure if routes can do that for you, but what you can do is add another
> action to your controller class that does NOT return a response, but merely
> calls the right action:

That's a great idea.  I use stuff like that often .

I just wanted to add that my code often looks like this:

def _setup_user(self,uid):
    self.uid= uid
    # other stuff

def index( self, uid ):
    self._setup_user(uid)
    # do stuff

def friends( self, uid ):
    self._setup_user(uid)
    # do stuff

Some folks would put that _setup_user() stuff in __before__, but I've
been trying to stay away from __before and __init outside of my base
controller classes.