On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 7:48 AM, Saem <farine.mun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Recently i've found that fucntion webhelpers.feedgenerator.write_items
> throws exception when I trying to generate RSS feed (but atom feed
> generates perfectly)
>
> Next I've found that self.items dict must contain 'source' and
> 'generator' keys which are missing.

Sorry for the late reply.  'source' and 'generator' were added by a
patch, but the patch was later discovered to be buggy.  I am now
upgrading feedgenerator to the current Django version and adding their
GeoRSS module. That will lose the 'source', 'generator', and
'published' properties, which will have to be re-added.

But I can't re-add 'source' and 'generator' until I get a definitive
reference to whether they belong at the top level or item level or
both.  The patch defined them in one place but used them in another,
which is what caused the exception. And I don't know where they belong
or what exactly they're meant for.

--
Mike Orr <sluggos...@gmail.com>