Hi

AuthKit doesn’t work with Python 2.4 due to it has some Exceptions
declared not using the new class styles. The bug was fix partially in
AuthKit 0.4.5, thougth they say it's completely solved. Actually the
bug was solved in class RemoteUser (authkit/permissions.py), but
nothing was done in class ValidAuthKitUser (I used this class in my
applications).

I modified the class ValidAuthKitUser to this (watch out the
indentation!):

        class ValidAuthKitUser(UserIn):
            """
            Checks that the signed in user is one of the users specified when
setting up
            the user management API.
            """
            def __init__(self):
                pass

            def check(self, app, environ, start_response):
                if 'authkit.users' not in environ:
                    raise no_authkit_users_in_environ
                if not environ.get('REMOTE_USER'):
                    exc = NotAuthenticatedError('Not Authenticated')
                    if newstyle_exceptions:
                        raise exc
                    else:
                        raise exc.exception # see webob.exc for more details
                    #raise NotAuthenticatedError('Not Authenticated')
                if not environ['authkit.users'].user_exists(environ
['REMOTE_USER']):
                    #raise NotAuthorizedError(
                    #    'You are not one of the users allowed to access this
resource.'
                    #)
                    exc = NotAuthorizedError(
                        'You are not one of the users allowed to access this
resource.'
                    )
                    if newstyle_exceptions:
                        raise exc
                    else:
                        raise exc.exception # ditto
                return app(environ, start_response)

Am I wrong? Did I download an out-of-date version? Has anybody else
experienced the same kind of error?

gsandorx