On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 3:53 PM, joesgroups <joes.mailing.li...@gmail.com>wrote:

> This seems like a pretty heinous error, is there really no feedback on
> it?  Is there any additional information I could supply?
> Again this problem doesn't occur with wget, but occurs with most
> browsers.

To test your theory about content-length, try installing the FF extension
"Live HTTP Headers" and you can see exactly what the server is sending to
Firefox.

I haven't tested your problem myself. But I expect if wget is getting the
correct data, so are the others. I expect that if they're NOT, something is
happening on the wire somewhere... proxy perhaps?

I hope that this helps.