If I may forward some 'sales guy' opinions...

Names are really really important for marketing, first impressions, brand
identity, etc. I am personally very happy to see repoze.bfg moving to a more
'acceptable' name from a sales perspective. ( I think bfg is funny, but I
have never been happy about explaining our framework choice with that
name... ) I think it would be a lot better in the long run to bite the short
term pain now with faq answers and docs explaining what's going on, but use
the name scheme that will ultimately look and sound the best to new users
after all the smoke clears from the transitions.

We have an opportunity here to really brand Pyramid as 'the experts python
framework' and give it as solid an identity as Django ( something I think we
can all agree they did *very* well. I would hate to see us miss the boat on
this. Might as well get all the awkwardness over asap.

my two cents canadian!
iain