Am 22.02.2011 21:30, schrieb Alice Bevan–McGregor:
> Being written in Python isn't technical merit for the use of the system,
> just an interesting fact about a system I would otherwise never use.

Basically true, but if you're using a Python tool it is often easier to
find bugs and fix them on your own since you're familiar with the
language and it does not require compiling and building, or compensate
lacking docs by just looking at the source. That's why sometimes if I
have the choice I also prefer a Python tool. In this case I agree, it's
more important that such a fundamental tool is fast and reliable.
Mercurial and Bitbucket are actually quite good, but the better is
always the enemy of the good. Also, with the right analogy in mind
(http://tartley.com/?p=1267), Git is really easy to use ;-)

-- Christoph