I'm currently going thru the growing pain of using deform. I have to say
that I like the separation between the schema definition/validation ( which
uses colander ) and the form generation. Deform is, as the author says,
heavily inspired by formish.

so far the only thing I really wish was there is a field level read-only
override. When you go to the trouble of defining forms to use in a CRUD-type
architecture, I find it useful to have certain fields be read-only or not,
usually based on permission, but often to show auto-generated values, like
ID, creation dates and so on.

I do like the jquery integration, and I just hacked some templates to add
more javscript goodness on the fields ( a date + time picker, time picker,
colored password validation, ...)

I definitely like the fact that I can still design forms by hands, and rely
on the colander layer for value translation and validation.

I haven't use any of the other ones in the list.

oO