To solve your problem you probably just need to remove the view_attr from
add_route and call config.scan().

The problem here is the ambiguity in add_route because it supports routes
and the ability to add a single view. Rather add_view and view_config are
identical except that view_config requires to you call config.scan() to
place the decorator within your code, instead of within your config.

Michael