Thanks Michael.
So will just reverce proxy help me utilise the performance bennifits that nginx offers? Afterall this kind of setup will only help to proxy requests to python paist. But is paist itself good enough to handle loads of requests? I herd that fastcgi does some event based requesting and lends the work to some worker processes?
is that right or this will any ways happen with nginx using reverce proxy?

Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.