On Fri, 2011-06-17 at 00:25 +0530, Raviteja wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> How can we invoke multiple threads of processing from the view
> handler, so that the threads run independently and provide results,
> which will be returned by the view handler? The threads described
> above will invoke requests to external API's.
>

> Can anyone help me out in this.

1) Please don't cross post.

2) The email address you're using is apparently not subscribed to either
of these maillists, so I had to approve your mails so they'll be
delivered.  Please fix.

Async support is outside the scope of the Pyramid docs themselves.
There are ways to do async using Pyramid, but they'll involve using
something like gevent's WSGI server.  Because this isn't a feature of
Pyramid, you'll need to read the gevent docs and likely, if you have
questions, ask the gevent folks about how best to do long polling and
such (as opposed to asking here).

- C