I did follow your suggestions. The files in the directory and its sub
directories will be served. I did go along well with the permission stuff.
But the problem still persist. If I try to open the pdf through google
chrome, if the download stuck, it will stuck forever even if i reload. It
would stuck at the same byte size. The pdf file wont be displayed. I think
it's something wrong with  uwsgi or nginx config but cant figure out why. I
might be some something to do with the my system resources. I didnt get this
problem if I use paster.

location /resources/~*  {
                #internal;
                root /root/to/app;