On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Jonathan Vanasco <jonat...@findmeon.com> wrote:
> i'm using pyramid with akhet
>
> according to the docs, i should be able to do something like this:
>
>    @view_config(renderer='json')
>    def login_status(self):
>        rval= [1,2,4]
>        return rval
>
> That creates an error for me:
>    ValueError: Could not convert view return value "[1, 2, 4]" into a
> response object
>
> is there something in the akhet config that disabled the ability to
> handle json like the normal docs ?

I don't think so, but akhet does use pyramid_handlers, so it's attuned
to @action rather than @view_config. Still, I doubt that would
sabotage @view_config. Do you have a config.scan() line in your init
file? If not, it's possible  that config.add_handler() is registering
the view but misinterpreting the view options. There may be problems
with mixing add_handler and @view_config in the same view class.  If
you don't have config.scan() and config.add_handler() is not
registering the view, then I don't see how the view would be
accessible at all.

By the way, I'm working on Akhet 2 which will not have an application
scaffold, but expanded docs instead. So the days of the 'akhet'
scaffold are numbered.

For the person on IRC (NotreDev) who asked about Transaction
documentation, Akhet has a page on it:
http://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/akhet/en/latest/transaction_manager.html

--
Mike Orr <sluggos...@gmail.com>