On Jan 6, 8:47 am, Chris McDonough <chr...@plope.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-01-05 at 23:49 -0800, Martin Aspeli wrote:
>
> > On Jan 6, 7:06 am, Chris McDonough <chr...@plope.com> wrote:
> > > Thanks, I'm tracking this  athttps://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/issues/394
>
> > Great!
>
> > Side question - is my approach a reasonable one for mobile sniffing?
>
> It's probably more direct to use a custom view predicate rather than
> indirectly choosing a view based on the interfaces of the request.  See
> the custom_predicates argument to view_config.

Yeah, I started there, but I ended up wanting to cache the "is mobile"
status on the request anyway (for explicit checks elsewhere) so I
ended up with a NewRequest event handler setting a request attribute
and a custom_predicates function checking this, which just seemed like
more work than tagging the request with a request type.

Martin