I have an exception handling view that handles HTTPNotFound exceptions and
calls a Pylons wsgi application using request.get_response(). If
request.get_response() raises an exception (eg AttributeError)
pyramid_exclog is never called. It is called for the HTTPNotFound exception
(and ignored), but does not get called again when the exception view raises
an exception.

WebError correctly handled this scenario, but I'm guessing this has
something to do with the difference between a Tween and WSGI Middleware?

I'm just going to add WebError to the Pylons application's middleware.py,
but  any clarification about why the exclog tween doesn't work would be
greatly appreciated.

--Jason