Hi Gael,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I was aware of fanstatic and it looks very
interesting. And it does provide lots of the same features: bundles,
dependency tracking, development/production differentation. But, to be
honest, I am not sure yet, if I like the approach of 'including' .css
and .js-files in Python code instead of html.

Also, require.js offers a central feature which cannot be done
externally in Python: Proper import-functionality within your
javascript. What I mean: When you include libraries via require, they
are only injected into the current js module scope. So, they do not
pollute the global javascript scope. Basically, require.js is like a
module/package system for javascript. (sorry if you knew this already,
just wanted to give an explanation).

So, I don't really see a way around require.js. Hence my question
above how to switch static directories.

(On a side note: I might include fanstatic later anyway, because of
the versioning which looks great. But, require.js is already one
dependency that wraps my original javascript and I'd like to avoid
another wrapper for the moment).