Switched to bottom-posting to make it easier to discuss this.

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 9:47 PM, Eric Ongerth <ericonge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 here, even from myself who had some legacy Pylons apps lying
> around.

It's worth re-evaluating the issue. Pyramid has invested a lot in the
joint pylonsproject.org website. I don't think we want to rip it up to
create a separate Pyramid site. But perhaps we can adjust the wording
on the home page and the main documentation page to address this
confusion. I come from a Pylons background so I focus on documentation
for users transitioning from Pylons. Most of our initial users came
from either a Pylons or BFG background -- or they'd heard about Pylons
for years without using it -- and the first thing they want to know is
how Pyramid relates to these frameworks.

But maybe now there's a new generation of users who don't have a
either Pylons or a BFG background, who find all the history and
non-Pyramid alternatives distracting. If so... again, I don't think we
want to rip the manual and website apart to address it. But maybe the
documentation intro or a supplemental doc can start with what Pyramid
*is*, now, standalone, and then at the end mention how the
alternatives relate to it.

--
Mike Orr <sluggos...@gmail.com>