I recently learned that pyramid_tm closes the session on a
transaction.commit()

I also learned that either transaction or pyramid_tm automatically
commits at the end of a request

I'm not comfortable with either of these behaviors, particularly the
latter

I've run into too many situations where my ability to continue in the
application logic depends on if a transaction committed to disk or
not.

I'm also not too comfortable with migrating a lot of legacy code to
savepoints as suggested in this discussion :
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/pylons-discuss/5Mj4R3YMXhI/GVFj2Du33JAJ

( btw, thanks to Eric Rasmussen for pointing that out to me ).

I just read the paragraph about the transaction 'feature' in the intro
(
http://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/pyramid/en/1.3-branch/narr/introduction.html?highlight=commit
) , and I can see how many people would enjoy this behavior - but its
a bit too much magic for me.  I'm porting a legacy app from Pylons to
Pyramid, and there are chunks of code which use both savepoints and
multiple transactions within a request.. and its going to be quite
cumbersome to move the logic to this idiom.

Aside from these two features, which are unarguable beneficial to a
certain audience, are there any elements of transaction/pyramid_tm
that I'd miss ?