Thanks again chaps. gcc_select isn't available, and the installer continued to
grumble, but you got me headed in the right direction.

>From my notes:

    The Python 3.2.2 package installer for OSX was compiled under a previous
    version of Xtools that used ``gcc-4.2``. This can cause problems for
    installers that rely on ``sysconfig.get_config_var('CC')`` to identify
    the C-Compiler because ``gcc-4.2`` is not available from XCode 4.2
    onward. Apple instead provides ``llvm-gcc-4.2`` and the improved
    ``clang`` 4.2.1, intended to replace ``gcc``.

In case anyone else hits this on their dev machines, I compiled Python with
clang:

    $ ./configure \
    > --prefix=/usr/local/python-3.2.2 \
    > --enable-shared \
    > CC=clang \
    > MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.7

    Python 3.2.2 (default, Mar 2 2012, 14:25:01) [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple
Clang 3.0 (tags/Apple/clang-211.10.1)] on Darwin-11.3.0-x86_64-i386-64bit

Confirm Pyramid and uWSGI working.

I guess this isn't really a Python build issue as-such, but more of an issue
with how uWSGI locates the compiler on Darwin, and that Apple have phased out
gcc rather brutally.