off the top of my head, you could use a subscriber.

you should be able to write something for NewResponse that strips
whichever cookies you want.

i wrote a package that does pretty much the exact opposite of what you
want...
    https://github.com/jvanasco/pyramid_subscribers_cookiexfer

that should help you get a subscriber based solution working in
minutes.

I'd be really interested to see how you ultimately fix this -- i'm
looking to deploy something with nginx too... so i'll be in your
situation shortly.