On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Chris McDonough <chr...@plope.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-03-18 at 10:58 -0500, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I was wondering how can I build a plugin for pyramid, that would be as
>> easy to install and setup as
>>
>> easy_install myplugin
>>
>> in development.ini add
>>
>> [components]
>> myplugin.* = enabled
>>
>> or if my plugin was called "admin"
>> [components]
>> admin.* = enabled
>>

>> http://martyalchin.com/2008/jan/10/simple-plugin-framework/
>>
>> How to declare a mount point for plugins in pyramid?
>> How to register a plugin at a particular mount point in pyramid?
>> How is pyramid system retrieving the plugins that have been registered?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Lucas
>
> You're probably going to want to investigate Pyramid's existing plugin
> system before creating another one:
>
> http://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/pyramid/en/1.3-branch/narr/environment.html#including-packages
>
> http://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/pyramid/en/1.3-branch/narr/advconfig.html#including-configuration-from-external-sources

Great!

Is there a "sample" plugin that I could use as a reference. For
example a plugin:

/whoamI
or
/addressbook  (/add/edit/delete aka /addressbook/add)

or takes something from a database, and displays it in a different way?

I checked out the pyramid_tm I see how alchemy scaffold is adding it,
but I couldn’t see how its being called, or how data and views flows
between.

Thanks,
Lucas