Could you correct me if I'm wrong in interpreting your remarks:

I could create a new view , and then just forget about the NewResponse
subscriber ?

The way the 'uncaught' exception bubbles up is a little weird -- it
doesn't seem to exist anywhere within the event.  It just gets marked
as "None" ( vs the request not having an attribute ). it would be
really useful if it was logged.

-----
from sqlalchemy.exc import OperationalError as
SqlAlchemyOperationalError

@view_config(context=SqlAlchemyOperationalError)
def failed_sqlalchemy(exception , request):
    """do whatever here"
    pass