99% of my per-environment setups are handled in the .ini file, and
available via the registry stash

I have a few 'variables' that I need defined within a package scope,
as I'm not going to have a request or event object handy.  I put
variables in quotes, because they're more like constants in Perl --
they're only defined on init and never changed.  ( basically they
control things like which amazon s3 buckets items are stored in ).

does anyone have a clue how i could handle this ?