Pyramid has the advantage that its official docs are already the length and
quality of a book, and I think an earlier version of it (the BFG manual)
was even published. Now it's essentially a print-it-yourself book.

The Pylons Book is a product of its time. Maybe we should just release
Pylons 1.2 unchanged to eliminate confusion. The Pylons Book *is* thorough
and well-written, but it's dated and a couple chapters delved into esoteric
areas (the author's unique libraries).

My first recommendation to people would be to just use Pyramid, which is
"Pylons 2". If they want to use Pylons, they should read the online docs,
and be aware that some gaps have appeared. (Some links to third-party
documentation are dead, and "go-pylons.py was lost and no longer works so
you'll have to install a virtualenv and Pylons manually.) If they want to
follow the  Pylons Book they need to check the online docs for the
differences between Pylons 1 and 0.9.7.

Mike Orr <sluggos...@gmail.com>