I'm starting to put together a Pyramid-based app that's meant to run on
Google App Engine. I'd like to be able to use Chameleon for templates, but
I've seen reports of it being slow in that environment. The problem is that
the reports I've come across all seem to be a couple of years old; in the
meantime Google has introduced the 2.7 runtime (with some key bytecode
modification changes:
https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/python/python25/diff27#Bytecode_Modification),

and Chameleon itself has continued to evolve.

My question, then, is this: does anyone know if Chameleon is competitive
with Jinja2 *on App Engine*?