I'm using Pyramid 1.4. pyramid_debugtoolbar is included via the
pyramid.includes settings. I'm not using any other includes or tweens. The
subscriber is set up like this:

def main(global_config, *settings):
    config = Configurator(settings=settings)
    def callback(event):
        """Exceptions raised here are not caught by pyramid_debugtoolbar"""
    config.add_subscriber(callback, NewRequest)
    app = config.make_wsgi_app()
    return app