I may be misunderstanding the question because I am not too familiar with
APScheduler, but it sounds like you want to use
mailer.send_to_queue(message) instead of mailer.send(message).

As long as you're sending it to the queue for later processing there
shouldn't be any need to have multiple Mailer instances. When you install
pyramid_mailer you'll also get a bin/qp script to process mail in the
queue, and you can control how and when you run that on a schedule.

-Eric