What if you start it and show as a single-file then - instead of throwing
it out - convert the same to a package ?

i.e. --

first 30% - here's pyramid basics. it's so simple we only need a single
file.
last 70% - typical pyramid projects can be dozens of files.  let's convert
our code to a package, using a ___ scaffold.

the github docs could also have 3 examples that people can reference:
 - the 1 file app ( finished up to the transition point )
 - the package app ( the end version, and also finished up to the end of
the tutorial )