I've run into a situation where I have some application code in a .mako
file as a 'def' statement.  this file&function is used by several other
templates.

i've come into the situation where I now also need to render this def
directly.

i can handle that in the Mako API itself using something like

      content = Template('/path/to/file').get_def('foo').render( bar )

unfortunately, with this approach I won;t have all the environment settings
and configurations from Pyramid that I want.  it's also a bit of a pain
trying to pull out the mako settings.

i thought about passing a mako template as a string to
pyramid.renderers.render() , but that's not supported.

right now, i think my only way is to create a file that simply wraps an
include and call to my file.  this seems annoying and confusing for
maintenance.

anyone have an idea on possible solutions ?