On 07/10/2014 08:46 AM, Achim Domma wrote:
Hi,

I'm making more and more use of ZCA in my web app. Looking
at http://docs.zope.org/zope.component/ I see documentation for ZCA and
"Zope 3 Component Architekture". They are similar from a conceptual
point of view, but seem to differ in some API details. To me it looks
like the "upper" version is the more recent one and that the V3 docu is
just for legacy reasons. But in the Pyramid documentation it sometimes
looks like the old Z3CA API is used. I was not able to find some
explicit mentioning of the exact version. Could somebody clarify?

I plan to register some service/singleton objects and implement some
adapters based on them. If it's a bad idea to use the existing registry,
please let me know about a better solution.

Sorry, I'm not sure I'm parsing your question properly, but if what you're asking is "how do I use the ZCA API in the context of a Pyramid app", never use the "global" ZCA API. So instead of "from zope.component import registerAdapter; registerAdapter(...)", do config.registry.registerAdapter. The APIs are largely exactly the same.

- C

cheers,
Achim