I'm having two issues with logging on production.  Hoping someone can point
out my mistake

First- My production.ini has the root logger set to WARNING

    [logger_root]
    level = WARNING
    handlers = console

One (unconfigured) package would often end up logging at the DEBUG level
with this:

    [handler_console]
    level = NOTSET

However this is fine:

    [handler_console]
    level = WARNING

Shouldn't the logger_root have caught that?

Second-

I'm seeing stuff like this appear:

    No handlers could be found for logger "txn.139822838028032"

That appears to correspond to zope.transaction (via pyramid_tm).

    transaction/_transaction.py

    _LOGGER = None #unittests may hook
    def _makeLogger(): #pragma NO COVER
        if _LOGGER is not None:
            return _LOGGER
        return logging.getLogger("txn.%d" % get_thread_ident())

again, shouldn't this just go to the root_logger and handler?