Just want to give a quick warning that a lot of the pdf libraries use crazy
amounts of memory.   I have no experience with pdfkit, and it may behave
differently.

If it causes issues with memory/performance, I usually handle this stuff in
Pyramid one of two ways:

a- I segment out the PDF generating routes to run on their own
server/instance.  For example: I run 2 pyramid apps via uwsgi.  they're
both the same codebase, but one is only given the PDF traffic and the other
is given everything but the pdf traffic.

b- I push the PDF work into Celery and then use browser polling to refresh
until the PDF is ready.  (there are better ways to handle offloading to
celery, that's just the dumbest/easiest).