Hi,

we have a single code base which is run as multiple instances for multiple
customers. We have settings which are specific to a single instance
(database connection), to a group of instances (some flag turned on or off)
and "global" settings. Currently we manage the settings in a json file and
use jinja templates to generate ini files from it. This works fine for a
few instances, but as the number is growing, I would like to store the
settings in some database. Ideally being able to have a hierarchy of
settings where a I can have "global" defaults, which I can override for
groups and again for single instances.

I assume that we are not the first ones doing something like this, but I
did not found some existing tool which makes sense to me. Any hint to an
existing tool or how to integrate something like that best into Pyramid
would be very appreciated. In case there is no tool because it's a stupid
idea, please let me know why and how you approach the problem. ;-)

cheers,
Achim