On 2015-08-23 16:24, Mike Orr wrote:
> Has anyone used traversal over a filesystem for non-static content?

One extension in our "node-family" - node.ext.directory[1] - can be used
for filesystem traversal in Pyramid - and we're doing so in a Pyramid
based framework written by us called Cone[2].
Here you have full CRUD access to the filesystem.

Node abstracts the underlying data as a tree with children and
attributes and so we have different node implementations for different
cases such as ldap[3], filesystem, zodb[4] and so on.

A node can be seen as a unified data access object and container. Data
access is always done with x.attrs[key] and childs are accessed by
x.[childname]. independent if its ldap, zodb, filesystem or a custom
sqlalchemy based node implemenation.

[1] https://github.com/bluedynamics/node.ext.directory
[2] https://github.com/bluedynamics/cone.app
[3] https://github.com/bluedynamics/node.ext.ldap
[4] https://github.com/bluedynamics/node.ext.zodb

hth Jens
--
Klein & Partner KG, member of BlueDynamics Alliance