I think he wants a full-featured set of boilerplate
HTML/CSS/Javascript. The 'starter' scaffold gives you a few styles and
a home page template, but it's only a small example and not enough to
build a full-sized site from. It's assumed that you'll get any
front-end frameworks you need from non-Pyramid sources, such as HTML5
Boilerplate, which includes a sample home page, directory structure, a
browser-neutralizing stylesheet, JQuery, etc. You can put these in
your static directory; you'll just need to put the '/static' prefix on
the URLs. Or you can go with something like Bootstrap, which is a
higher-level bundle of responsive CSS tricks. Or you can look at
Kotti, a high-level application framework built in Pyramid for
CMS-like sites using SQLAlchemy, which includes Bootstrap. There's
also some others like Ptah although I don't know much about them.

Both Chameleon and Mako templates offer template inheritance. They do
it in different ways, but they both conceptually allow for a site
template containing your outer HTML for every page, and related page
templates for the specific pages. The 'starter' example doesn't have
inheritance; it's a single template.

Mike Orr <sluggos...@gmail.com>