Thanks so much for the suggestion Thierry, I'll take a look.

As of now I had found 'pyramid_simpleauth' which seems simple enough yet
comprehensive enough for what we need.  Our final solution will be hosted
in Google App Engine using the datastore so anything that relies on ZODB or
SQLAlchemy for persistence are not good options (no 'translation' to
datastore that I'm aware of).  Hopefully your security manager is easier to
adapt :)

Cheers,
Julian