Hi Roberty,

You are right; Pyramid is your best bet. Pyramid community knows ho to
interact with ZODB and Chameleon is prettty close to ZPT.  I would suggest
continuous migration approach, where you start moving views to a Pyramid
server URL by URL, using some kind URL map on the front end web server
(nginx?)

-Mikko

On 14 September 2017 at 19:12, <roberto....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello to everybody,
> I have an alive application running in (on) ZOPE 2.13.
> We are maintaining the application with linux virtual machines running
> python 2.7 and ZOPE 2.13.
>
> Here are a summary description of the objects present in ZODB:
> - 335 pages are written in *ZPT *(Zope Page Template)
> - 230 pages are still written in *DTML *=> we are (slowly) rewriting them
> in *ZPT*
> - 123 javascript (*DTML *Document type) scripts
> - 919 python scripts
> - 421 *ZSQL *scripts => we are (slowly) moving SQL queries on server side
>
> Moreover, we use *ZOPE Extensions* to call *external *services that are
> - called through XML/RPC protocol
> - 80% provided by a python business application server
> - 20% provided by a java-tomcat business application server
>
> Since ZOPE is dead, or so it seems (at least as own product),
> I'm looking for a little-painful-solution to run away from ZOPE.
>
> My idea was keeping the 2 business server python and java and porting only
> the ZOPE stuff in another python framework.
>
> I thought that PYRAMID could do the job, expecially if I could port easily
> the *ZPT *pages to CAMELEON.
>
> Can anybody give any suggestion?
>
> Thank you very much,
> Roberto Vivarelli

> msgid/pylons-discuss/1483d157-bcca-4530-95e6-f886845d9e6f%
> 40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pylons-discuss/1483d157-bcca-4530-95e6-f886845d9e6f%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Mikko Ohtamaa