There's also some pyramid docs on predicates and route factory under URL
dispatch.   I think that might be what you need - there are some threads in
this group on those topics.

I also wrote a library `pyramid_route_7`
(https://github.com/jvanasco/pyramid_route_7) that extends the config to
allow macros.  Instead of adding a route with `add_route` you use
`add_route_7`, which then expands the macro and calls `add_route` behind
the scenes.  That technique might help you a bit too.