On Monday, April 9, 2018 at 8:45:45 AM UTC-4, Tres Seaver wrote:

> > Somewhere after there, i believe.  It depends on the server.  uwsgi and
> > unicorn do it in different places.  i think waitress essentially does it
> > too.
>
> Waitress is not a forking implementation:  it uses threads.

Yes, Sorry, I should have been more clear. The SqlAlchemy
session/pool/connection is not forksafe and not threadsafe. For the purpose
of dealing with this type of situation (database connection in main
routine), forked and threaded workers are affected similarly and
essentially the same.  I was hoping to convey that switching from
gunicorn/uwsgi to the waitress won't necessarily address this – one needs
to `dispose()` of the pool.