I'm not sure I follow your current approach.

Have you looked at Writing Your Own Widget?
https://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/deform/en/master/widget.html#writing-your-own-widget

Do you want to use a checkbox or a checkboxchoice?
http://deformdemo.repoze.org/checkbox/
http://deformdemo.repoze.org/checkboxchoice/

The templates for such widgets use Chameleon for templating. I'm not fluent in Chameleon, so hopefully someone else can fill in the blanks.

--steve

On 7/17/18 at 4:17 AM, schrott.ha...@web.de (Tom Andrews) pronounced:

Hello,

I'm trying to construct a treeview-like structure with checkbox widgets from deform and have all of the checkboxes as part of one form. If I just render the form normally and pass the generated html to my template, I'll obviosuly not get the structure I want. So far I've tried to pass the whole form object to the template and then rendering the individual checkboxes on demand with the templating language, but then I'm missing a submit button and the whole form element, along with a few other things. What are my options here? I'm certain that this must be possible to do, but I can't seem to find a practical way to do it.

Here is the relevant excerpt from my template (jinja2):

<ul>
{% for label_name, sublabels in view.gitlab_data.items() %}
<li class="tierone">
<ul>
{% for sublabel_name, issues in sublabels.items() %}
<li class="tiertwo">
<ul>
{% for issue_id, issue in issues.items() %}
<li class="issue">
{#                                        Insert Checkbox Nodes here#}
{{ issue.title }}
</a>
</li>
{% endfor %}