another testing question!

I'm in the process of splitting out our oauthlib integration for pyramid
(it's much more lowlevel than the existing app) after some design changes
to make the integrated testing work better (which was my last question).
Now I'm trying to figure out the best way to test the pyramid bit in the
new package design.

The tests are currently written within my app, and I want to migrate them
to the plugin.

That means I need to create a micro application to handle 3 endpoints, and
define it within the 'tests' of the plugin.  i.e. instead of having the
tests invoke a package which is an application, the tests are creating
their own application to invoke a package that is a support library used by
the application.

Has anyone seen a package that does this?  I'd prefer to work off a
reference if at all possible.

thanks,
jv