This sounds like an application-global object. These are typically stored
on the registry at config-time. For example, in your main you could set
config.registry.foo = contract. The registry is available as
request.registry and subsequently anything you add to it. You can see lots
of examples of this in pyramid addons and things like the dbsession_factory
in the alchemy cookiecutter.