On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 8:27:35 AM UTC-5, Zsolt Ero wrote:

> So I guess the simplest possible solution is Celery + Redis (since I'm
> already using Redis for sessions), I guess?

Yes. The performance you want requires a secondary process to handle the
event logging. Celery is probably the simplest was, though there may be
faster implementations (like Thierry's use of 0mq).

Two other options that may work for you (I use both of these, and Celery):

* if you can use statsd for logging, that setup just sends the event data
via UDP (not TCP) and an external statsd server will handle the logging of
the event args.
* you can use a secondary database connection / server that is running in
autocommit mode. that can avoid the normal database, and might be against a
server that writes faster.  for example, you could write to a mysql
database that only has logging tables and is tuned for high-performance
writes.