Hi Andrew,

I've built a notification mecanism using websockets in a Pyramid
application.
This is based on a second application process using gunicorn, while the
main application process is using classic WSGI (with Apache).
The two processes also communicate using websockets; I handle client
redirections between classic requests and websockets in Apache (using
mod_ws_tunnel).
I can share experience if you're interested with this project...

Best regards,
Thierry
--
  https://www.ulthar.net -- http://pyams.readthedocs.io