Hi,

I cannot answer your question, but I have two ideas about what might or
might not help your use case.

- What I have seen many projects doing is to handle notifications via
Firebase https://firebase.google.com/ - both web and mobile - this is
because Firebase is "proven" and also supports native mobile app
notifications easily

- getstream.io provides activity feed tyle notifications as a SaaS service.
I think they started as an open source Python project long time ago, but
now have only Saas model https://getstream.io/

Br,
Mikko