The permission strings are arbitrary. For examples that are using ACLs (like
the wiki tutorials) the only requirement is that the strings should match up to
ACL entries that you are generating on your context objects. Pyramid does not
care about the values of the strings and you could use "update" or "edit" or
"foo". If a principal in the request and the permission on the view do not
match an ACL entry then an HTTPForbidden exception is raised.