On 6/14/21 12:56 PM, Andrew Martin wrote:
> What are the necessary bits at this point, Steve?

https://groups.google.com/g/pylons-discuss/c/Lm5f6jx0SHM/m/B4OeetvsAAAJ

But to elaborate:

1.  Get consensus from maintainers.

These individuals could be classified by their recent activity.  The following
are their usernames on GitHub or PyPI.  This may be a challenge as we are
scattered across IRC, Keybase (https://keybase.io/team/pylons), and this
discussion group.  Regardless the discussion must be open and public as much as
practical.

Make good faith effort to achieve consensus (currently active maintainer):
stevepiercy
xistence
mmerickel
zupo
ergo
gawel

Invite to participate in the decision, but don't expect response (formerly
active maintainer):
chrism
tseaver
ericoandrei
miohtama
crooksey
signum
agronholm
ianb
cdent
haypo
bbangert
blaflamme
chrism
nouri
iElectric
rockyburt
goodwillcoding
tr_h
danjac
lambacck
fschulze
cguardia
wichert
chrisrossi
J1m

2.  Set up the service.

Lots of details omitted until service is decided by consensus.

3.  Update active repos.

A quick search reveals 100 instances, most of which are not active or
maintained.  I'd say if the repo has not been updated in the last 5 years, it
can be put in the pile of "round-to-its".  Perhaps only 3 years?  That would be
another question for the active maintainers to decide.

https://github.com/search?q=org%3APylons+freenode&type=code

4.  Draft announcements.

- Emails to pylons-discuss (https://groups.google.com/g/pylons-discuss) and
pylons-devel (https://groups.google.com/g/pylons-devel).
- Tweet from @PylonsProject
- Prepare message for #pyramid and #pylons on Freenode, but do not post.

5.  Update greeting on existing #pyramid and #pylons channels on Freenode to
move to new service.

This should be last because Freenode is banning everyone and everything that
expresses a mouse fart of dissent.

6.  Other?

I may have missed something, but this is a good start.

--steve