On Nov 5, 2009, at 11:34, Andrew MacKinlay <admac...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 05/11/2009, at 7:21 PM, Andi Vajda wrote:

Someone reported a similar error recently with the same get_iterator_next template. I wasn't able to reproduce it, though.

Maybe a way to sidestep the problem -or to get a better clue as to what the bug is - would be to try to use JCC from svn trunk. This template has changed there.

Another thing to try could be to increase the number of files to generate thus generating smaller ones and then maybe avoiding some compiler limit that may be triggering this.

Of course, there is also the possibility of a JCC bug that, for example, could be leaving out a required header file. The way to test for this condition is to generate one .cpp file per class via the "--files separate" option and watch for errors. Come to think of it, this is what I would try first.

Andi..

OK thanks for the quick response. I've just tried the final option for now (will have more time later to eg try the trunk version) - it gets similar results:

/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/JCC-2.4-py2.5-macosx-10.5-i386.egg/ jcc/sources/functions.h: In function ‘PyObject* get_iterator_next(T* ) [with T = java::util::t_Iterator, U = java::lang::t_Integer, V = j ava::lang::Integer]’: build/_lingpipe/com/aliasi/util/Iterators$PrimitiveInt.cpp:85: instantiated from here /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/JCC-2.4-py2.5-macosx-10.5-i386.egg/ jcc/sources/functions.h:116: error: no match for ‘operator=’ in ‘next = java::util::Iterator::next() const()’ build/_lingpipe/java/lang/Integer.h:20: note: candidates are: java::lang::Integer& java::lang::Integer::operator=(const java::lang::Integer&)

etc...

I'm not sure what this tells us but maybe you have some idea? I'll post the source for that file if you want.

Hmmm, I'm away from my computer today, at ApacheCon. I should take a closer look at this tonight.
If you happen to be at ApacheCon as well, let's hook up !

Andi..

Thanks,
Andy