>> So that brings me to question like if it is safe to mix python
>> packages that contain the same java classes? Or not recommended at
>> all?
>
> Hmm, not sure. I've never tried that. It seems a little unsane to me.
> Where this may cause trouble is with the different sets of wrappers jcc has
> generated for the same classes. I don't expect them to be usable

So I think I should include two jars in my pyjama package, one with my
own lucene classes, the other one with lucene.jar -- and the
lucene.jar put into classpath only if pylucene is not available on the
system

> interchangeably since which methods get wrapped depends on the transitive
> closure of dependencies that was computed during generation.
>
> That being said, I don't see why the classes would not be found in the first
> place.
>
> What are the _exact_ jcc invocations you used to build both extensions ?

python -m jcc --shared --package java.util java.util.ArrayList
newseman.gate.PythonicAnnie newseman.lucene.whisperer.LuceneWhisperer
newseman.lucene.whisperer.IndexDictionary --python pyjama --build
--classpath
../build/jar/lucene-standalone-pyjama-0.1.jar;../build/jar/gate-standalone-pyjama-0.1.jar
--include ../build/jar/lucene-standalone-pyjama-0.1.jar --include
../build/jar/gate-standalone-pyjama-0.1.jar --bdist --version 0.1

pylucene is 2.9.1 and I didn't change anything besided the windows section:

PREFIX_PYTHON=/cygdrive/c/dev/Python251/
ANT=/cygdrive/c/dev/apache-ant-1.7.1/bin/ant
JAVA_HOME=/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Java/jdk1.6.0_12
PYTHON=$(PREFIX_PYTHON)/python.exe
JCC=$(PYTHON) -m jcc --shared
NUM_FILES=3

I have updated JDK in the meantime (am using jcc built on 1.6.0_12,
now JDK1.6.0_18) - I can try to recompile JCC and both extensions with
new JDK - if it makes any sense (?)

roman