On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 17:49:03 +0200, Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org> wrote:

On Sep 29, 2010, at 8:29, Christian Heimes <li...@cheimes.de> wrote:

Am 27.09.2010 03:59, schrieb Andi Vajda:
In 3.x and trunk, I've been porting ICU-dependant Lucene contrib features to use PyICU [1][2] (which depends on C++ ICU). I think that having PyLucene
depend both on C++ ICU and Java ICU is one ICU too many :-), though.

I'm not sure at this point which should remain. There are advantages to
both... I'm open to arguments in favor of either. You can see examples in
the 3.x tree [3].

When can we expect a new release of PyLucene with ICU support?

Once Lucene Java releases 3.1 and we decide here which ICU we want to use. I'm leaning towards C++ ICU with PyICU but I'm biased. Does the ICU stuff you see now on the PyLucene 3.x branch work well for you ?

I hope we get some results next week. Maybe earlier but some other stuff is distracting us atm.

dirk + christian